Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Final days in Winnipeg!

Hey everyone! Yesterday I was sick so I was not able to go to the campus withy the rest of my group. When they came back, they filled me in on the different things they did and opportunities they had. It seemed like it was a very successful day. Even though many people did not want to talk about church or Jesus, the met one man who was a chaplain here at Red River. He is working on campus here so this was good news!
Today we went back to campus. When we got there it was 10:00 and there weren't many people so we walked around and waited until lunch time. Jordan talked to one girl but she didn't care about what she said and eventually just left. I got in line to get food and then sat down with a girl who was eating by herself. We talked for maybe 30 minutes. It was a casually conversation at first but then I asked if she went to church somewhere. She said she did when she was little but now she is older and chooses not too. Throughout the whole conversation I mentioned going to church and being involved with different Christian things. Each time she would not answer or turn the conversation around. Eventually she left abruptly and I never got to share my testimony with her.
It seems like many people here are very closed minded and honestly don't care about faith. They don't see the point in going to church and anything to do with religion. It makes me really grateful to have grown up in the bible belt and to have gone to church. The culture here is pretty shocking as to how liberal everyone is.
I came back to the church to help cook the spaghetti for the service tonight. And we cooked a ton! The service turned out really good! The girls I met at the park earlier this week were at the service tonight. I really enjoyed talking to them and hearing all about what God has done and is doing in their lives. God knows exactly what I need to hear and see and it's so awesome to see Him do this for me!
We will leave tomorrow at 10:30 a.m. and will be back around 12 in the afternoon on Friday. Pray for our travel!
Beth

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing to see how He works in our lives, isn't it? I don't know how we can or why we ever doubt He cares for us and is in total control of all our lives! I have been praying for y'all everyday and I know that He will use the seeds you all have planted! Praying for a safe trip home and praising God that you are feeling better :) love you all

    ReplyDelete