Thursday, July 21, 2011

Simply Amazing

Ok so I should not have titled the last post "the second to last hoorah" because we still have two days left in Serbia! God has been doing some awesome things, even just today!

The day started off with the children and advanced adult English classes. As usual they went very good! I have not been to an advanced class but I know Marabeth does a great job with the kids! And from what I hear, the advanced classes are doing great and people are truly enjoying them!

After lunch we had the leadership meeting with our mission team and the leaders of Rodja's church. Let me just say that it was pretty awesome! Peep (Jim Greene) showed a presentation about the needs of Serbia and what we can do to help. I learned that there are less than twelve evangelical churches in South Serbia. There are so many people here without hope and I feel the urge to help them! I also learned that there are three evangelical churches in Belgrade, and the population is around three million people! I was appalled when I learned this! What have we as Christians been doing?

Also today, Rodja and I were on the news! Rodja was asked to come on the news to talk about the ESL classes we have been having and when Rodja first asked me to come with him, of course I immediately said no! I am a very shy person and the thought of being on T.V. where so many people can see me was unimaginable to me! But I finally agreed (after some begging lol) and we went! Before we left, Rodja and I prayed together and this completely calmed my nerves. I also remembered a letter that Sandy Waymire wrote for the day that had the verse 1st Corinthians 1:25  "This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God’s weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength." I also remembered Cait pointing out a verse that spoke to her while in Prokuplje. In verse 21, it says "Since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom, he has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe." Even in our foolish plans and our foolish speech God still uses us! He gives us the words to speak so we are supposed to lean on Him through everything. God strength is greater than our greatest strength, even greater than what we can imagine. How awesome is that then, that He sent His son for us? That He even cares for us? God thinks of each of us more than there are grains of sand on the entire Earth.

That is simply amazing.

We will share the gospel with the students from the ESL classes tomorrow. Pray that the students' hearts will e open to see Christ. That they will recognize their need for Christ. Pray that God gives us all the words to say.

Thanks for the prayers :)

Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment